8.03.2013

Artisan Award Blog Hop Day 4

Day 4 of the Artisan Blog Hop is underway, welcome! You should be arriving from the talented Alanna Wharf's blog.

Today's project was actually created specifically for my son, but I decided to enter it into the Artisan Award contest because I LOVE the way it turned out! (I will be making a second identical page for my son's scrapbook!)

The ribbon on the page was actually the ribbon I made for my son to wear after his very first 5K (I pushed him in the jogging stroller and he ran the last 1/10th mile through the finish line). He is so determined to do everything, but often times is held back due to a disability. He wanted to run the race with me, and I was so proud of how determined he was to not only finish, but to win! I wanted to make sure that he knew that it is his determination and hard work that make him a winner, and not being first through the finish line.

The journaling card is tucked into an envelope behind the photo.

Next stop on the hop you won't want to miss: Cathy Caines



8 comments:

  1. This page and your post are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I just loved that line of paper too, I have a stash saved to do another of my hot air balloon and some pages! Great job Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun, colorful page - a winner indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky - this page is PERFECT!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite color combo! So bright and cheery! And a banner to boot! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page, I really love that ribbon! What an amazing message captured on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww... this is a very touching page! What an adorable son you have and you are such a great mom to show him your love ♥

    ReplyDelete