8.16.2013

Artisan Facebook Friday *Undefined*

 Due to the Artisan blog hop we did the first week of August, we have decided to post our Facebook projects tonight. . . So, get ready for the Artisan Facebook Friday hop! (You should be arriving from Allana's blog.)

Have you ever wanted to stamp for a specific person, or project but couldn't find the perfect image? Well now you can just make your own! Today I am featuring the new Undefined Stamp Carving Kit. If you haven't done so already, be sure to peak in at Stampin' Up!'s Pinterest board featuring all of the amazing stamps that people have made for themselves! I am so excited about this new product, it has opened a door for all sorts of possibilities, and your imagination is the limit!


My son loves to craft with me, so when I saw the Undefined line unveiled at Convention, I knew right then that I wanted to create custom stamps just for him to use. I wanted something as unique as he is, and what better way to do that than with a custom made monogram?! I was so excited to come home from convention and surprise him with his very own stamp, but things didn't go quite as planned. The problem? I put WAY too much thought into it. . . with alphabet stamps, the image on the rubber is reversed so that when you stamp it it comes out the correct way. So I sketched my monogram G in reverse, BIG mistake! I forgot to think that after I sketch my drawing it is then transferred to the stamp in reverse (so my reverse sketch ended up being on the stamp the correct way, thus when I stamped the image it stamped in reverse)! Confusing, is it? The point is that it really isn't confusing, I just made it so.

Here is how simple it really is! First, sketch out your drawing on a piece of paper with PENCIL. If you are sketching letters or words just write them as as you normally would. Second, flip the paper over onto the stamp so that your sketch is touching the rubber, then transfer your sketch by rubbing over the backside of your sketch. This will reverse the image onto the rubber. Next, use the carving tools to carve out your image. Last, have fun stamping away with your very own unique, custom stamp! (Stay tuned for a video tutorial to come soon. . .)

 Don't forget to continue on the hop and stop by Cathy's!
 supplies used: Undefined carving kit; March PP kit; Mini Muslin Bags; White acrylic paint mixed with Pacific Point, Gumball Green, and Summer Starfruit ink refills; Basic Black, Pacific Point, Gumball Green, and Summer Starfruit ink pads; Pacific Point and Whisper White cardstock; Season of Style washi tape; This and That designer stickers; Naturals buttons, Linen Thread.

4 comments:

  1. Love the way you personalized everything with your undefined stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Undefined tips - practice! Very cute projects and I bet your son was proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent set! Gotta try making my own Undefined set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cool--I love the carved look and you do it so fabulously!!! Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete