1.16.2014

Leadership Displays

For those of you who were not able to be at Leadership, be sure to stop by the blogs of everyone on the Artisan Design Team (check out the blog roll below), as we will be sharing some of the samples that we created for the 2014 Leadership display boards over the next few weeks!

Today I am going to share a couple of cards using the Geometrical stamp set. For those of you who don't know, I am a math geek through and through. . . it was one of my favorite subjects in school next to science and music. It's no wonder that when this set showed up in my display box I fell in love instantly! With this set, the possibilities are endless! There are so many ways to incorporate these shapes into your projects. . . stick with one shape as a focal point, or mix and match!


This card was so much fun! I am not the best at water-coloring, but after watching a quick and easy tutorial by Melody Hyde, I decided to give it a try! It was seriously so easy to create the multicolor background with my Aqua Painter and some ink refils. Thanks Melody!


After I water-colored my background on some Watercolor Paper I cut a strip off of the multicolor side and used the medium and large circles from the Owl Builder punch to punch out a couple of water colored circles to add as embellishments to my card. For the edge of the card I stamped the triangle repeatedly, alternating directions each time, on a strip of Bermuda Bay cardstock. I am quite happy with how this card turned out!


This card was a bit trickier, I had to try and keep the pattern straight and somewhat evenly spaced! Don't stare at it too long, or you may start seeing how crooked it actually is! I stamped this panel about 3 or 4 times before I ended up with one that wasn't too uneven!


Again, I used the punches to get some circle embellishments, but this time I covered them with some Crystal Effects to give them some dimension and shine. Yes, it would have been much easier to use Candy Dots. . . just another item to add to my wish list!


Be sure to check back for more display projects!

Don't forget to check out the whole team's projects!
(search Leadership Display on their blogs)
Becky Cowley- you are here!
Cathy Caines - In The Cat Cave
Connie Collins - Constantly Stamping
Erica Cerwin - Pink Buckaroos
Jane Lee - Jane Lee's Cards
Jeanna Bohanon - Stamp Time Somewhere
Cindy Schuster - Nutmeg Creations
Jennifer Timko - Stampin' on the Fly
Alanna Wharf - Sleepless Stamper
Mercedes Weber - Paper Creations by Mercedes

Supplies used for Cheer Up card: Geometrical stamp set; Watercolor paper; Bermuda Bay cardstock; Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, and Strawberry Slush ink refills; Bermuda Bay and Staz On Jet Black ink pads; Owl Builder Punch.

Supplies used for Hooray for Today card: Geometrical stamp set; Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, and Summer Starfruit cardstock; Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Basic Black and Summer Starfruit ink pads; Owl Builder Punch; Crystal Effects.

1 comment:

  1. These are fantastic! I feel the same way about this set…math minds must think alike!

    ReplyDelete