2.21.2014

Dirty Little Secret. . .

Ha Ha! I knew that title would get your attention! Do I have a dirty little secret? Well. . . yes, actually, I do. I wasn't going to tell anyone, but I will share with all of you. Here it goes: I often find myself struggling to come up with layout ideas. There, my secret is out! I know, I know, I should be good at this. . . but sometimes I want to create and I will have the perfect color combination in mind, or a fun technique that I want to try, but I often get stumped when it comes to an idea for the layout or "sketch" for my project! That is why on days like today, when I WANT to get my craft on, but there just doesn't seem to be any craftiness in me, I will try out a sketch challenge like this one from retro sketches:


Sketch challenges are a great way to give you a base starting point when you are struggling to create. Plus, there are always some great ideas from other "players" that are sure to spark your creativity and help you get going! Here is my take on the sketch:


One more thing before I go. . . have you all been anticipating the winner of the Geometrical stamp set I have to giveaway from last week's ADT blog hop? Well, today is the day I announce the winner my friends! Remember, you MUST be a follower or subscriber to my blog in order to win a giveaway! I drew a name of a random commenter, but they weren't a follower or subscriber, so I had to draw again. . . sad, I know! But lucky for another, the winner of the prize is: (drum-roll . . . . )

Meredith L 

Thanks Meredith! Be sure to send me your e-mail so I can get your info and send that out to you right away! (click on the contact me button to get my e-mail address from the top right corner of my stampin' shop page.)

Supplies Used: Happy Watercolor stamp set; Stazon Jet Black ink pad; Crisp Cantaloupe, Blushing Bride, Pink Pirouette, and So Saffron cardstock; vellum; Watercolor Wonder DSP; Gold Baker's Twine; Vintage Faceted Buttons; Gold Sequin Trim; Petite Petals Punch; Floral Frames Collection Thinlits; Fringe Scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment